Europeana is evolving. Technology is ever-improving. The future Europeana offers the inspired, creative or entrepreneurial the ability to take what our data partners provide and use it. For innovation. For education. For research. For business. For personal enjoyment.
To manage content and deliver it in higher quality to our audiences, we’ve developed four tiers of participation in Europeana. What data partners provide will depend on their own agendas and capabilities, but the higher the quality of information provided by data partners, the more benefit they’ll create for their audiences.
These tiers are based on real examples and have been developed in wide-ranging discussion under the Europeana Creative project and with the Europeana Network Content Re-use Task Force and are recommended to our partners.
The publishing framework clarifies the relationship between Europeana and you, our data partners. It clearly outlines what we will do for you depending on the content and metadata you decide to make available. This makes it easy for you to see what you can get out your collaboration with Europeana.
To further introduce you and your partners to the Framework we created this video.
The Publishing Framework has been translated in a couple of languages by our partners. Currently available are:
- French - translated by the Bibliothèque nationale de France
- Italian - translated by the Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico
- Montenegrin - translated by the National Library of Montenegro
- Polish - translated by Narodowy Instytut Audiowizualny and Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Center
- Serbian - translated by the National Library of Serbia
- Spanish - translated by Hispana
Please find the English version, a short summary and the translated versions below.