Contribute to the Migration Thematic Collection
Are you a cultural heritage institution with collections that relate to the theme of migration, we'd love for you to share you content and/or host a collection day!
What content are we looking for?
We're looking for documentary evidence, material culture and personal stories reflecting migration movements in Europe over many centuries, as well as how these have affected the arts and sciences.
Five reasons to get involved:
- To be part of the Europeana Migration campaign, a key element of the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage
- To join a unique, multilingual digital resource where thousands of cultural institutions – from regional archives to national museums – share their collections
- To bring your content to new audiences: individuals and professionals who can discover, research, share and enjoy Europe’s wealth of digital cultural resources
- To showcase collections in blogs, galleries, online exhibitions and social media to reach millions of citizens across Europe
- To see your collections reused within research, education and the creative industries
How to host a collection day?
The goal of the Europeana Migration Collection Days is to collect stories and material relating to migration and family history. Collection Days will take place in partner museums and other cultural heritage institutions and are an opportunity for the public to share their own individual or family migration stories. See what's already been contributed.
How Europeana can help with your Collection Day:
- We'll give you the opportunity to be part of the European Year of Cultural Heritage, and a major pan-European campaign
- We'll provide expertise and knowledge of running Collection Day events, including an online tool for capturing data with how-to tutorials
- We'll give you press and marketing material templates
- We'll help provide visibility for your collections/organisation
- You'll be connected to our network of 3,500 cultural heritage institutions
If you are interested in running your own Collection Day event to digitise and add material for Europeana Migration, you can find help and advice on how to do that in the following documents (more will follow soon).
Europeana Migration Collection Days are based on the Oxford Community Collection Model.
Working with Wikimedia
Supporting the current Europeana Migration campaign, we are offering dedicated resources to partner institutions wishing to integrate a Wikimedia component into their work. Find out more about the kinds of activities.